Do you want to know how you can solve the famous Instagram error that says, “try again later” and you have a working internet connection? Do you want to know different ways through which you can solve this problem? Do you want to know how you can avoid this error in the future? Do you want to know why you get this error and you’re sure that you are not doing anything wrong?
If yes, then you landed on the right place, if you’re facing this problem then it is advised that you should not panic as we have different methods you can use to solve this problem in no time, just make sure that you read till the end to ensure that you get everything right.
Instagram is one of the most widely used social media platforms and it has been serving since a long time now, it has gained much experience since it was first released and it has faced many problems along the way, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms and it also takes place in the top five social media platforms that are rated from all over the world, moreover, the app is known for having all kinds of interesting posts and it is also used widely because of its smooth experience, it also has a user friendly interface that compels more people toward using this application more, this is one of the first social media platforms which means that it has faced many hurdles to reach where it is today, saying that, this does not necessarily means that there are no problems that can occur to this social media platform, many users are starting to report a problem regarding Instagram that has gotten prominent over the last days, this problem is highlighted as Instagram “Try again later” problem.
What is the “Try Again later Error”:
This error mostly pops up when the users try to do something that is not allowed by the Instagram team, you will most probably see this error pop up when you try to use a third-party application to do something, or you will also see that this error will come up when you try to use certain automation tools on this social media platform. Sometimes this error is displayed when you try to do different actions too fast on the app.
To explain this error in simple words, this error is one of the spam-prevention actions taken by Instagram’s team. This means that the application will now flag some certain actions that will appear similar to that of bots, and it further shows this error to mitigate spammers on the platform.
Sometimes, this error can also appear on your screen even if you didn’t try to spam on Instagram, or you didn’t use any third-party tools on Instagram, you can also be flagged if many users report your Instagram account, and you can also be flagged if you spam things on this app in general, so if you keep on typing the same comment over and over again, and if you keep on pasting and posting the same link over and over again this application will flag you. If none of the above applies to you and you have not done any of this, then it is most probably just a technical glitch that can be resolved using different solution methods that we will be discussing below.
Some of the best fixes that you can use to solve this problem are given below,
Restart your device:
The best way to solve a problem that has many potential fixes is to start with the easiest one in the list. Restarting your device is the best and easiest way to get rid of any bugs and glitches on this social media app, and if you’re using a laptop or a PC, you can try restarting the PC, by shutting it down and then starting it again after 1-2 minutes at least. In case you are not using your pc or laptop, and youre using your mobile, then you can do the following to restart your device,
- Press and hold the power button.
- You will see that your device will give you options to restart, tap on the restart button and your device will start to restart.
- Wait till your device boots up, after it done turning back on, open the app again and check if the problem persists.
Log out and Login Again:
This method also easily falls into the list of easiest ways of solving this problem, and so this comes early in the list of the solutions to this problem that causes Instagram to show you this error, the reason is as simple as, that logging out and logging back in to your Instagram account has a chance of prompting the Instagram police and they might get shrugged off of your shoulder, this method is used when you can’t get some work done in Instagram that you might want to do and Instagram keeps on showing you this error, this solution works for most people when they keep on getting the error of Instagram that doesn’t let them use the app like they want to. In order to solve your problem using this solution, you can do the following,
- First, open Instagram and go to your account page where you will see that a hamburger menu button is present in the top right of the account page,
- Tap on it and you will see that a menu appears, tap on the “settings” option from there,
- Now navigate to the bottom of the screen till you find the option that says, “logout”, now tap and choose this logout option and it will logout your account from the Instagram app.
This or any other social media platform will not log you back in, unless you input your social media account credentials, you must remember your username, and your password in order to login back to your account, or you can select the option of saving your credentials into your Instagram application which will enable you to save your account credentials into your Instagram app. Now you can tap on to your account anytime after you log out, and the app will log you back in to your Instagram profile,
If you don’t want to use this option then you can log into your account by typing the credentials of your account, and this will log you back in.
Clear Instagram Applications:
Clearing the cache of Instagram application will not log you out of Instagram application, and further it will not make you lose any of your data from your Instagram account.
Many people ask different questions before they clear the app cache because they are not aware of what cache is generated and stored for, cache is in the form of temporary files that are used to store different images, videos and search history of applications, each of the applications that are installed in your mobile phone generate cache and this cache makes them smoother to use, and remember that the more you use an application, the more it will produce cache which will make them, there are different ways you can get this done,
We will be discussing two of the easier ways,
Clearing Cache Through Settings,
You will have to clear the cache of your target app by going through the settings of your device, then you can follow the steps given below to clear your app cache,
- Open your device settings,
- Now once you open your device settings you will have to navigate to your app settings.
- After you find your application settings navigate to Instagram.
- Now open Instagram’s storage settings, now select and choose the option that says, “storage and cache”,
Once you open it you will two options at the end of the page, one says clear data, and the other will say clear cache, if you choose to clear data it will reset your application to default settings or “factory” settings and it will remove everything stored on the app, on the other hand if you choose to remove cache, it will only remove the temporary files that are stored on your device and takes up your device storage, moreover your app will not be restored to it’s default settings and factory version you would most likely not have to login to your account again, you will also feel that your device gets lighter and it won’t glitch or freeze as much as it did before, if it did before.
If you don’t want to use the above given method, you can use the second method, this method involves relatively short steps,
- First navigate to your Instagram app and press and hold on it.
- Hold it until you see a menu pop up on the top of it, from there you will see that it will give you different options,
- Choose the one that says app info, or if you don’t see an option with this name there, you will then see a circle with an “I” written inside of it, tap on it.
- This will open the information page of Instagram, from there tap and choose on the option that says, “storage and cache”, then tap on the option that says, clear cache.
You have successfully cleared the cache of your app.
Login from a Different Device:
If you are getting this error most probably this problem will not occur if you login through a different device, the reason is simple, sometimes the app blocks your IP address, which is specifically allotted to your device, and you will need a different device to login to your account, you can use your PC or any other device to login, if you use your PC you will have to visit Instagram’s official website by searching for it on your preferred search engine, go to www.instagram.com and this will take you to their website where you will have to login to your account again, you will have to type in your account credentials, and once you login, you can hopefully use your Instagram account like you did before this error occurred.
Also you can use a VPN to remove the IP address block. You should also switch your internet connection if available.
Change your Password:
Changing your password can also solve this error although it is still wondered by several people why changing your account password solves this issue, if you haven’t had much luck using the other methods then you can also try this one as it has worked for many people facing the same problem as yours, if you wan to do this then follow the steps given below,
- To change you Instagram password you will have to use a PC, first of all you will have to visit their official website, then you will have to login to your account.
- After you login, go to your profile page by clicking on your profile picture on the bottom right corner of the screen and then tap on the gear icon on the top left corner of the screen, now go to change password, this will request your change.
- After that put your old Instagram password in the first bar.
- Then type in your new password, take note that you cannot put the same new password as your old password.
- Then type in your new password again in the last bar, to confirm it, make sure that there aren’t any mistakes in the second one as the page won’t continue until there’s a mistake in the final tab.
- After you have completely filled all the three empty spaces then, click on the option at the bottom of these bars that say, change password.
Now you have successfully changed your password, and hopefully you have also solved your error.
We have completely discussed why you’re getting this error and we have also discussed complete steps through which you can solve this error. We hope that you got the solution of your problem and we wish you the best of luck.