Do you want to chat with multiple people at once on Snapchat? Have you considered the idea of using a chat group, making a group chat, and adding friends on Snapchat? But you don’t know the procedure of managing group chats on Snapchat.
If you want the answer to these questions, then I welcome you. You come to the right page.
Snapchat is among the most used social media platforms worldwide, where the number of daily active users is in the millions. This app was designed to share temporary photos via private messages, AKA Snaps. Snapchat introduces filters, geo-filters, stories, AR selfies, etc. This platform also offers its users group chat services.
If you want to know the procedure of how to make group chats on Snapchat or any relevant questions, If yes, then keep reading this article.
What Are Group Chats On Snapchat?
Snapchat is one of the top-rated text messaging apps, the popularity of this app is due to keen attention to the conversational style of messaging. To make it more personal it is usually aimed at friends. It includes many features like texts, stories, group chats, etc.
In 2016 Snapchat introduced the group chat feature. Group chat is the most convenient way to send and receive text messages, and you can even reach out to other people via video and audio calls.
The purpose of this Group chat is to make it convenient for users to respond to their friends’ messages effortlessly without reaching out to them manually.
You can add many Friends to one Snapchat group. Previously this limit was up to 31, but according to the latest update in 2022, it reached 100.
How To Make Group Chats On Snapchat?
The following instructions can help you to make group chats on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat App
- Find the Chat or text bubble icon tab present at the bottom of the screen and click on it.
- Now tap on the New Chat, a blue message icon.
- Click on the New Group option to initiate the group-making
- Pick up the contacts you want to add to your group and click on the Chat with Group button
- Change the Group Name at the top of the page by clicking the New Group option with a pencil icon.
You have successfully created the Snapchat group.
How To Join Chat Groups On Snapchat?
Two methods can assist you to join Chat groups on Snapchat. You can choose one of them that suits you.
Method No 1: Join The Chat Group By Invitation
The purpose of the group chat was to connect with people of mutual interest. You can understand from this example, when any brand or influencer opens a public chat group, or when people create the chat group for particular purposes like makeup, fashion trends or yoga, etc.
Members of chat groups are permitted to send invitation links to their friends or followers to join the group.
These links are shared via a social media platform. You can find the particular chat group by surfing on the internet or asking your mutual interest friends.
- Click on the link that is relevant to your interest
- You will come to the group admin page on Snapchat
- You can greet him and request to join the group
- Once the admin accepts your request, you will be added to the group
Method No 2: Join The Chat Group By Asking Existing Members
You can directly join the group if you have known a friend or user who is present in the relevant chat group before. Or you can search for the admin of that group and ask them to add you to the group.
- Open the Snapchat App
- Swiper right and go to the Friends screen.
- Click on the search icon present at the top of the screen
- Enter the admin Snapchat name in the search bar
- Once you find him out, click on the name
- Open their profile and click on the add friend button
- Greet him and ask them to let me join their group
What Is The Limit To Adding Friends In A Chat Group On Snapchat?
Snapchat permits its users to add many friends as they want, but up to the limit of 100 for a single chat group.
Snapchat previously limited the number of group members add up to 31, now they revised the limit and updated it to 100 in 2022.
- Click on the chat section or swipe right and enter the chat section
- Navigate to the top right corner of the screen
- Click on the New Group
- You will get the statement Chat with up to 100 friends under the reading of the New Group.
Some people complained that they could only add friends up to 25. The reason for this restriction is the internet service providers who limit their number to save the data. If the internet services provider limits a device, this is also restricted for the other users; and they also cannot add people to their chat.
How To Mute Chat Groups On Snapchat?
Snapchat introduced many alerts for reminders, such as mentions, stories, chats, memories, etc. Sometimes it is the most annoying situation when your cell phone keeps popping up message notifications every few minutes. Many groups are active during working hours which becomes the cause of distraction.
There might be tons of valid reasons that you become overwhelmed and now want to mute the chat groups. Fortunately, some options can give you a break.
- Open the Snapchat App
- Go to the chat option present in the navigation menu at the bottom or you can swipe right.
- Open the group chat and click on the group icon or group name that you want to mute.
- Click on the three-dot menu, present in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Message Notifications
- Choose the Silent option
After this, you will not get notifications from that group chat.
Or you can use the Mention Only option. When a person in the group is mentioned in the chat, you will get a notification.
If you want to keep it private that you muted the group chat notifications, then yes, you can do it by following the mentioned steps. You can even customize the notification according to your requirements.
- Go to the profile’s setting
- Find the notification option in the menu
- And select the required options.
How To Delete Chat Groups On Snapchat?
Before deleting the group chat, you need to keep in mind that you are certain in your decision and will not waver after some time. Because it is an embarrassing situation to delete the chat group and then later add them back.
You can not directly delete the Snapchat group like on other social media platforms. But many methods can help you to delete the Snapchat group.
Different situations compel its user to delete the group, but you can select the method according to the situation.
1. Create A New Group
It is the best option for those who do not want to take a risk. Creating a new group and adding those members you want to is the best choice.
- Open the Snapchat App
- Click on the chat option present in the navigation menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the new chat option or blue icon present in the right corner at the bottom of the screen
- Choose the new group option and give a suitable name.
- Add the members’ names in the To field
- Click on the Chat with the Group present at the bottom.
Now you can delete the old group.
2. Leave The Group
If you think this group chat is just a waste of your time the best choice would be to leave the group.
- Go to the Snapchat App
- Click on the chat icon option that is present at the bottom of the screen
- Open the Group chat
- Click on the name
- Click on the three vertical dots present at the top right corner of the screen
- Select the option Leave the group and confirm your decision by clicking on the leave again.
3. Block The Person
There might be a situation when they do not leave the group, then the last trick for them is to block them.
In this way, they cannot send any Snaps or texts to the group unless you unblock them. To block someone follows these steps;
- Open the Snapchat App
- Find the particular person profile you want to block
- Click on the three vertical dots icon in their profile section
- Click on the Manage Friendship option
- Press block option
- Confirm the decision
The positive point of this app is that if a group remains inactive for a long time, it vanishes on its own. In this way, you can get rid of the chat group without involving in the arguments.
For this, you need to wait.
How To Leave The Chat Group On Snapchat Quietly?
Sometimes you can encounter some situations in which you don’t want to be part of the group chat anymore. If you want to leave a group for personal or any other reason, then do the following procedure.
- Open the Snapchat Application
- Swipe right or click on the chat icon and open the conversation page on Snapchat
- Press and hold for a brief time on a group you want to leave from
- Click on the Leave Group option
- Again press the leave option for confirmation.
One thing you need to consider is that when you leave the Snapchat group, all of your sent chats and snaps will be permanently cleared from the group. No one can see them, not even your best friends, even if they had saved them in the chat.
Although there is no exact procedure to follow for removing yourself from the group chat quietly, despite this, you can try a little trick.
A process may seem a bit lengthy, but you can try it, and you will know its usefulness.
- Block the Group members one by one
- Leave the group by tapping and holding the group name you want to leave from
- Click on the Leave Group option.
- And click again on the confirmation message Leave.
You need to block them for only a few minutes. In this way, you can leave the group quietly.
Joining and creating chat groups on Snapchat helps you to connect with people and friends who share a mutual interest. You can get updates about recent trends; what is going on in your industry or niche, and many more. This is a great way to stay connected with friends of your interest.
Now I hope you definitely know how to make Group chats on Snapchat.
Do you find this article helpful? Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below.