Has TikTok suddenly stopped working for you? Is TikTok not loading properly? Is TikTok loading slowly? Do you want to know how you can solve the problems that can be causing this issue? And Do you want complete step-by-step details on how to solve your issue? Do you want to know the problems that can be causing this to you?
If yes, then you have come to the right place. TikTok is one of the most popular and most-used social media platforms. It has gained a lot of audiences in such a short period of time. Simply because it has introduced something new to the industry of social media. Many people rely on TikTok to be their number one source of entertainment because of its advanced algorithm.
The algorithm of TikTok generates a separate page of interests for the user, this page is known as the “For You” page. And this is the page that appears in front of you when you first open TikTok, it generates a separate page of content that might interest you.
This is why people never seem to get bored while using TikTok and they don’t seem to get tired of the content. As well, this is because there are a lot of people who use TikTok. Some of them are consumers and some of them are content creators. Given the number of people that use TikTok, there must be a lot of TikTok content creators which means that you.
TikTok has a place for every category of content. It has a place for every niche and this is what makes it so much more interesting and entertaining to use. Even though TikTok has a great audience and is a great platform for social media users.
It still is a relatively new platform and many people are facing different problems regarding the use of TikTok. Many people are reporting that TikTok is not working and they further report different problems that they are facing.
We have gathered here today many of the problems that people are facing regarding the use of TikTok and we will further discuss the solutions to these problems.
Since the craze started people cannot seem to stay away from this platform. Everyone seems to be indulged in the content that is being produced massively on this platform. And the great thing about it is that there is enough content for every separate niche on TikTok. Which gives a place of entertainment to different interests,
We all know this platform is not perfect and it has its own fair share of problems. Sometimes many users face problems and report that the platform is not working. And even if the problem is a small one, it is enough to anger most of their users. So if you’re facing problems using this platform then don’t panic as you’re not the only one. Moreover, we will be giving you all working solutions to your problems and you can get back to using TikTok in no time.
Why Is Tiktok Not Working For You:
Many people are facing different problems but the prominent problem in these is the slow loading of this app. Or sometimes it won’t load at all. This could be due to technical issues regarding this app and it could be caused by a bug. We will now give you fixes for the problems that you are facing. Be sure to try them and read until the end if you want to fix the problem that is causing your app to not work.
The best way to solve any of your TikTok-related problems is to solve them how you would solve any of your tech-related problems. You should start with the simplest solution and work your way up to the most difficult one,
Make sure that you have an internet connection:
This solution is the most obvious one, this may sound like you already know this. But, TikTok does not work without having an internet connection. Sometimes while you are using your cellular data, TikTok does not get permission of using it, as it consumes a lot of it.
TikTok will work just fine while connected to Wi-Fi. But it won’t work if your phone does not give TikTok permission to use the phone’s cellular data. You can check to see if the required permission is granted or not. And if it’s not granted then this might be the problem that you facing.
So grant the permission that is required and then open your TikTok App. And see if it works or not, if it doesn’t work then you can continue to check the next solution.
Check If There’s An Update Available:
Sometimes TikTok faces problems and it adds a fix to its problems in the next update. So all that TikTok needs is an update most of the time. And if there’s a problem with the app then rest assured as it’s not your fault that you are facing this problem. Hence they will be soon releasing the solution to your problem as it’s not just your problem alone.
So, this is a vulnerable time for them as this is the time when their users go out in search of alternative applications. And then start using these applications instead of TikTok as it’s now considered faulty for them.
This is also a time of vulnerability because their users can leave negative reviews on their download page. Which discourages other people to try out the app and download the app.
So the update will surely come fast and keep an eye out. If there is an update or not if there is, make sure that you update your app as soon as possible.
you can do that by following the steps given below,
- Go to the play store if you’re on an Android device.
- Now go to the search bar and search for TikTok.
- Open the TikTok App download page and check if there is an update.
- You can see that there are two different options given there. And if you see that one of those options has “update” written on it. You can choose that option and the play store will start updating your app.
- If you’re on iOS then you can use open the apple store. And follow the same steps, everything else should be identical to the steps that are given above for Android devices.
Try To Restart The App:
A good solution to your problem is that you can try to restart your application. We realize that this is a tired-out cliché. But it is tired out for a reason, it works and it can potentially solve your problem.
There are not many steps to follow in this one, you can do it by opening your TikTok App. Then close it if it’s not working, and then open the app again.
This is not bound to work so you can also try to restart your phone. You can restart your phone by following the steps given below,
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Now check to see if it works, if it doesn’t close it and open it again.
- If it still doesn’t work, you can try restarting your mobile phone.
- Hold the power button on your device and then you will see that it will give you the option to restart your device.
- Tap on the restart option and wait till the phone shuts itself down and then starts up again, this will not take long and after it’s done, you can try opening TikTok again and see if it works or not.
Clear App Cache:
TikTok and all other apps on your device use your device storage to store temporary files that they can all use to smoothen out their user experience, they use this data to preload some parts of the application and this makes the app smoother and faster.
You can try to clear out these temporary files on your device, even though this data helps in making TikTok more efficient. You won’t see any performance loss after you clear these files, at least not any major ones.
So You will notice that the app will load a second or two longer but you will notice that removing these files won’t affect the performance of this application.
Some people worry that they will lose their progress on the app after deleting and clearing the cache files of TikTok. We assure you that you will not lose any progress, cache is not used for that purpose, it’s only used to make the app more efficient.
After you clear the TikTok cache you will see for yourself that you didn’t lose any of your progress on this app. The progress has nothing to do with your app’s cache.
The easiest way to resolve “TikTok not working properly” is to clear the cache data that TikTok has stored up until now. You will see that it makes a difference regarding your TikTok App failure problem.
Even though you’re following the steps to clear the cache to solve your TikTok, not a working problem. You will also notice that if your phone is lagging, seems buggy, or is crashing or freezing a lot.
Clearing the cache of some apps that take a heavy amount of storage to store their files can also help significantly reduce the lag and freezing problem of your device.
You Can Follow The Steps Given Below To Clear The Cache Of Tiktok
- Go to the settings option on your phone.
- Now go to app management and navigate till you find TikTok.
- Tap on TikTok and you will see that it opens the TikTok App’s information page.
- Click on the storage and cache option.
- Tap on the clear cache button to delete the cache.
- Now you have successfully cleared the cache of this app, you can follow the same process to clear the cache of other applications. That you think might be taking a hefty amount of your device storage and this will also solve your lagging and freezing problems.
Uninstall And Reinstall The Tiktok App:
If none of the above solutions have worked for you then you can move to this one, this solution suggests that your TikTok application might have a bug in it. That is preventing it from starting up, and this bug might be unsolvable.
This means that you will have to install the app again to solve your problem and hopefully, this solution will work for you. You can consider this option if you think that other applications that are installed on your phone are working just fine but TikTok is.
On the other hand, won’t work, sometimes it also helps to remove the temporary files that TikTok has stored for your convenience. But they end up taking a lot of storage and you don’t realize why TikTok is taking so much storage on your device. This method is also helpful for people who want to get a clean start on this app,
The Steps Are Given Below
- Go to the play store or app store on your phone.
- Search for “TikTok”.
- And open the TikTok App to find the options for deleting or reinstalling the application.
- After you tap on the TikTok App, you will see that it gives two different main buttons there, one will say open and one will say uninstall.
- if none of the buttons say “Open” then there must be a button called Update, you can try updating because it will most probably solve your problem, and if none of them give you the option to update then carry on the process,
- Tap and choose, uninstall, and wait till the app uninstalls.
- Now you will see that the open option will change to “Install”. Tap on the install button and wait till the download is completed and the installation is done.
- Now try opening the app and hopefully, this solves your problem.
We have given you complete and thorough details on each of the problems that can cause this problem, we have also given you complete steps on how you can solve these problems. Hopefully, these solutions worked for you and we hope that you got the info that you came for. We wish you the best of luck.