After some intervals, each and every app needs an update which will freshen the app immediately. Just like apps windows also need an update. Microsoft launches system updates after some time. Updating the window or installing the new updates sometimes also fixes the issues happening in your computer. If we talk about Windows 11, all users of Windows 11 know perfectly that the operating system of Windows 11 receives system updates almost every week.
Fix: Undoing Changes Made To Your Computer
While updating the window sometimes it happens that some users encounter an undoing changes boot loop. This error means that your computer or window is unable to install the latest updates and is trying to retrogress the changes. In this article, we are going to discuss how to address the fact that we could not complete the updates done to you your computer.
This issue is not window specific, it can happen in any window whether it’s window 10 or window 11. We will discuss this problem and its solution regarding Windows 10 or window 11.
Basically, Windows are a manual operating system manufactured by Microsoft company. The operating system is the device that allows you to use a computer or it’s the main important component of the computer which operates the whole system. In modern computers or laptops, Windows comes with the preloaded form also called built-in which makes it the most popular operating system in the world.
It helps you to complete all types of everyday tasks on the computer. For example, you can utilize windows to browse the internet, check your emails, edit digital photos, listen to music and play games and do much more.
Windows is also used in many other fields like offices for multiple purposes to access productivity tool because many businessmen use a laptop to accommodate their work during traveling as well so windows play a vital role in it such as creating spreadsheets, word processors Microsoft office, and many more.
Microsoft basically released the first version of windows in the mid-1980s and since then many updated window versions came into being, the most recent versions include:
1. Window 10(released in 2015)
2. Window 8 (released in 2012)
3. Window 7 (released in 2009)
4. Window vista (released in 2007)
5. Windows XP (2001)
First, let’s talk about the window 10 errors happening because of undoing changes made to your computer. There can be many reasons for this error to be happening. Let’s dig into these causes.
While updating the new version of Windows 10, you might encounter an error saying undoing changes made to your computer. This can be because of many things or reasons. Mainly it can be because of any corrupt system files in your personal computer. Window updates have a specific folder called Software Distribution that can be corrupted and cause this issue.
Another reason can be the space issue. Your computer might not have sufficient space for the new update. So that’s why you are facing this issue. Or it also happens that something might be interrupting the installation process and because of this you are having errors.
How To Fix Undoing Changes Made To Your Computer:
Just like we have some causes of this error, we also have some fixes or solutions to this problem. Let’s talk about the solutions
• Windows Boot Genius:
This is the best and quick fix for this solution. Or you can say All-in-one windows rescue software. This fix will solve all of your booting issues and issues related to booting. It will also boot your dead window computer from various issues. This fix can be done in 5 simple steps and you can easily resolve your undoing changes made to your computer error.
This fix is also helpful in recovering all the data from the crashed computer, it also recovers all of your product keys and windows login passwords.
There are also some other methods that will resolve this undoing changes made to your computer issue even without using any software. Let’s start:
1. Enter Safe Mode:
Firstly you have to enter the safe mode of your window and for that, you have to follow certain steps.
- Turn on your computer or laptop having Windows 10.
- Once the computer is opened before you encounter the error message of undoing changes made to your computer,
- Press the key F11 during the system startup. This key will open up the advanced options menu.
- You will see the option of startup settings, select that option.
- Press the key 4 and select the “Enable Safe Mode” option.
- After selecting this option your Windows 10 will boot into safe mode and now you can easily apply all of your fixes to solve these issues.
2. Delete Recently Installed Updates:
If you are facing any error like undoing changes made to your computer you have to delete the recently installed updates so that you can prepare your computer for a new update. For deleting the recently installed updates
- Open the Run by pressing the Window key +R hotkey.
- When the run program is opened type the appwiz.cpl in the open box which is available in Run.
- Select the OK Option to proceed further.
- To open the whole list of installed updates you have to select “View installed updates” it will show you the whole list of installed updates.
- From that list choose the most recent window 10 updates and select the “uninstall” option you install all the updates of Windows 10 that are recently installed.
In the last and final step simply Restart Your Computer of Windows 10 so that uninstalled updates will be completely deleted.
3. Run Window Update Troubleshooter:
The very common and the most frequently used fix is a troubleshooter and a windows update troubleshooter fixes all the issues regarding Windows 10 updates.
- Open up the troubleshooter by searching in the taskbar button.
- Click trouble shooter settings to open the settings app.
- From there open up the window update troubleshooter. Go through the trouble shooter’s suggested fixes.
4. Run A Startup Repair:
Windows 10 startup issues can mostly be resolved with the startup repair of Windows 10. For doing so, press and hold down the shift key and click restart on window 10’s start menu. After that, a blue menu will be opened and on that menu, you will see the troubleshooter, click on that. Select the advanced options button to open further tools. You will see the startup repair, it will ask you about the account to fix select that account, provide them your user password for that account and select the continue button to proceed.
5. Run The Dism Tool:
DISM is the Deployment Image Servicing Management. Basically, it’s a command line utility that can repair the window 10 image, which is sometimes important to do before running a system file scan to fix the error of undoing changes made to your computer.
- Open up window 10’s search utility and type cmd into the search box to open up the command prompt. Right-click on your command prompt to open up the context menu for it.
- Open up the next option of Run as administrator to open an elevated command prompt window.
- After that input the clean-up image into that command prompt window. After entering the command go back.
6. Delete The Software Distribution Folder:
If you found that your computer’s software distribution folder is corrupted you have to remove it from your computer to make your window update work properly. If you delete the corrupted software distribution folder, this might resolve your issue of having the error of undoing changes made to your computer. Press the window key + R and it will open the Run. Type the cmd into the Run’s open box. Then press the Ctrl + Shift+ Enter key combination to open an elevated command prompt. Input these commands separately into the command prompt:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
Click the file explorer button on your Windows 10 taskbar. Open this folder in file explorer
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. After doing this press the Ctrl+ A keyboard shortcut to select all the available content which is present in the Software Distribution folder. At the end simply click the delete button to delete all of the content of the software distribution folder. Again open up the command prompt as an administrator, and enter those separate commands in the prompt window to restart the whole service.
Restart the Windows 10.
7. Reset Your Computer:
If all of the above detailed listed options become useless for you then move towards the last resort for fixing your problem and that is directly to Reset your whole system. This option will Reset your computer to factory settings. Follow these steps and complete this option.
1. Enter into the Advanced Startup Screen.
2. Click on the Troubleshoot option.
3. Here you will be given with the Rest your computer option
4. Choose the remove everything options as well before proceeding ahead.
5. Wait for the whole rest process and also wait for the coming options on your screen
6. On the final clean screen, you will be provided with a Fully clean drive option. You have to select it on the last.
7. Then click on the Reset button.
8. Wait for the whole reset process it will take almost 30 minutes to complete.
With this option, you will be given a totally blank as a newly purchased computer. You have to reinstall all the previously installed applications because this option will wipe out all your files and folders from the system drive.
8. Enable The App Readiness Service:
There is also an app name Readiness service which easily fixes the error of undoing changes made to your computer. By turning this app on you can easily fix this error. Open up the Run accessory. Type the services.msc in Run and select the option OK.
Double-click on the App readiness service to open up the properties window. Click the drop-down menu of the startup type and select the Automatic option. Press the APPLY button. Click OK to exit the App readiness properties window. And in the end, just restart your laptop after turning on the app readiness services.
9. Block Window Automatic Update:
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to stop the automatic update of the window because it’s mandatory that you have to update it sooner or later. So in this case we can temporarily block the window update with some tricks. For this, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Tap on the window settings icon.
2. There will be an option for network and internet, double click on this option.
3. In the right bar there will be a status option > change the connection properties shown on the page.
4. Search for the metered connection option and toggle it to the right to enable a metered connection.
In this article, we have discussed in detail how to fix the issue of undoing changes made to your computer error. This error can happen in all the windows whether it’s 10 or 11 or any other. This error might stop the further processing of window updates and you won’t be able to update your window properly. We have discussed several solutions with the help of which you can solve by undoing changes made to your computer error and easily completing your update process.
In the above article, we have shared some of the commonly used methods to fix the error of undoing changes made to your computer. Most probably you will fix the error by using these methods but in case if you fail to clear the problem then you can directly call the Microsoft forum and register your complaint so they will check it out and clear the problem and make your device safe from any other issue in the future.