Do you use the Snapchat group? And there is one person who is disturbing the peaceful environment. This person might be the one who keeps spoiling the mood of the members by sending irrelevant snaps. Or those toxic ex-friends roast the members in an attempt to hurt you and the group members to mess with your peaceful life. Do you want to kick out these kinds of people who pollute the transparent environment of the Group? And you urge to know, how to remove someone from the Snapchat group?
If yes, then I got you. I will give you the solution that will help you to throw the person out of the group.
Like any other communication platform, Snapchat has a popular feature aka the Chat feature due to its unique conversational style. These conversations can be in the form of texts, stories, group chats, Etc. The purpose of group chats is to communicate with friends effortlessly without reaching out individually.
But in the herd of sheep, there is always one wolf in sheep’s clothing to agitate the tranquil environment.
So different methods will be discussed for different cases. You can choose according to your situation.
Things You Need To Keep In Mind Before Making A Final Decision:
Snapchat is a social media platform that plays a crucial role in keeping people connected with each other? This might be the reason, Snapchat is reluctant to provide the option for deleting the chat group option.
Many reasons can push you to take the decision of removing someone from Snapchat or deleting the chat group. But one thing you need to consider whether you are deciding to remove or delete the group is to think carefully before taking the final step.
Because removing someone on a whim of anger and after your anger subsided, you add them back might seem immature and also make your position awkward in the group.
So your reason must be genuine otherwise, you will become the target of their criticism.
How To Remove Someone From The Chat Group On Snapchat?
There is no direct option for deleting the group on Snapchat. But some methods will help you in deleting someone from the Snapchat group. You can follow the procedure according to the device you are using.
Method No 1: Create A New Group
Creating a new group is the alternative option for removing someone and is also a safe way. When you create a new group, you can add only those people you want to be connected with and leave out those toxic friends who are the reason you are creating the new group. It is also a better option than keeping using the previous chat group if that person does not leave on their own.
After some time, when you are not using the old chat group, you will lose the existing content, and it will delete after some time.
The following instructions you need to follow to create the new group
- Open the Snapchat App
- Click on the Chat button, present in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the new chat, a blue-colored icon that is present in the right corner at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the new group option and give a suitable name to it
- Add the name of the desired member in the ‘To’ section.
- You can add people up to the range of 100 to the Snapchat group
- Click on the Chat with Group at the bottom.
Now you can communicate and enjoy yourself with your favorite people.
Method No 2: Wait For the Group To Become Expired
One of the features of Snapchat is that when a group remains inactive for a long time, it will be deleted automatically.
You can use this method if all of your group members are agitated by a particular toxic ex-friend. You can make a decision together that all of you will not use this group anymore. And create a new group of favorable people where all of you can communicate with each other.
While letting the previous group rot for a while, After sometimes when Snapchat sniffs its rotting smell, it will delete that old group. Those toxic people will also be removed along with the group.
In this way, you can get rid of that particular toxic person. This is the best option for all of you if you and your buddies want to avoid a particular person.
For this, you need to wait for a while.
Method No 3: Block The Person
Sometimes you need to take a stand and confront that person and talk to that person and ask him to leave the group politely. But if they are still stubborn, you ought to confront those annoying people and use the following trick.
When you block them, they won’t be able to send you text messages or snaps. They cannot send you the Snaps until you unblock them. In this way, they will also be removed from your chat group.
You need to follow the mentioned steps
- Open the Snapchat App
- Find the person’s profile you want to block. You can find it by writing their username in the search bar or looking for them in the chat.
- Click on their username
- Tap on the three vertical dots in their profile
- Click on the manage friendship option
- Click on the block option
- Confirm your decision by clicking once again
Now you don’t need to be worried as they won’t annoy you anymore until you unblock them.
Method No 4: Leave The Group
If in the Snapchat group, all of your friends or users have become against you or you think the particular group is no longer your cup of tea, you can choose the leave option. If you feel the particular group is just a piece of distraction and a waste of your time, then leaving the group is the best option rather than blocking all of them one by one
For leaving the group follow the mentioned steps
- Open the Snapchat App
- Click on the Chat icon in the menu present at the bottom of the screen
- Open the Chat Group
- Choose the name of the chat group
- Now click on the three vertical dots that are present in the top right corner
- Select the Leave Group option
- Again press the Leave button to confirm your decision.
The one thing that needs to be kept in mind is that when you leave the group once, all of your previously sent chats and snaps will be deleted permanently from the group. After this, no one will be able to see them in the group even if they have saved them in the chat before.
How To Add People To The Chat Group?
Snapchat has a chat feature called group chats which has a variety of amazing features. You can even add the number of people up to a limit of 100. You can share moments with them, stay connected and form a strong network of friends.
- Open the Snapchat App
- Click on the chat icon at the bottom of the screen
- Click on the new chat icon in the blue color present at the right corner of the screen
- Add many people as you want up to a range of 100
- Give your group a name
You can also add people to the group later on. You need to follow the mentioned instructions.
- Go to the camera screen on the Snapchat App
- Click on the chat option present at the bottom of the screen
- Click the particular group in which you want to add users
- From the top right corner, three vertical dots are present
- There will be a list of options and now click on the more option
- Tap on the Add Members to Group option
- Now you can choose the numbers of users you want to add.
Now you can go to the group setting and can see the number of users that are currently present in the group.
You can see all group members by clicking the menu icon located in the top left corner. After clicking, you will notice the list of group names with their first members. Now you can even monitor who is currently active by glancing above the keyboard of your phone screen.
What Will Happen When You Add Back The Person After He Left The Snapchat Group?
Yes, you can add them back into the group, but they need to take a fresh restart. Because after they left the chat group, now all messages they have sent to the group before will be removed. They also can not see those Snapchat text messages and snaps after they leave the group.
The message deleted time limit is 24 hours after leaving the group. If you leave the group and are added back within 24 hours, you might not lose the chat history. If this time limit exceeds 24 hours, After this, you cannot retrieve them back after being added back.
- How To Make a Public Profile On Snapchat In 2023
- A Snapchat Web App Is Now Available Everywhere
- How To Clear Cache On TikTok In 2023 (Quick Steps)
- Snapchat Account locked? How to Unlock in 2023
- How Does Snap Score Work In 2023
- Random People Add on Snapchat in 2023
- How to Clear Instagram Cache in 2023
- What Does WTM Mean On Snapchat In 2023
- How To Send A Picture As A Snap In 2023
Several reasons might compel you to remove someone from the Snapchat group. But you need to think calmly rather than make decisions on the whim of anger or a particular motion.
You can make the decision according to the different situations if there is a single toxic person in the chat group, you can block him or create a new chat group and not use the previous chat group anymore. If there are several toxic people, you can create a new chat group or leave the group. If the chat group is useless and a time waster, then you need to quit the group.
You have an idea of how to solve the problem, and now you can apply the method that suits you best. So you can enjoy peaceful and awesome chats with your friends without any bitter situations.
If you find this article helpful or if there are any questions related to this article, you can ask us in the comment section below.