Do you want to know how to see the conversation history on Snapchat? Many cases in your life may compel you to see the conversation history on Snapchat, whether you are a parent or a guardian who needs to supervise their children’s activities or you want to revisit the conversation history that occurred with your friend. Are you wondering ‘how to see the Snapchat conversation history secretly without anyone knowing’? Can I recover them or not?
Whatever the situation is in your case, I will give you the answer to your question.
Snapchat is a popular social media platform where people connect by sharing snaps or text messages. One of the popular features of Snapchat is that receiving and sending messages will disappear quickly. When a person wants to see a conversation with his friends, it vanishes after a few seconds unless he saves or takes a screenshot of it.
Although there is no exact feature on Snapchat that can assist you in checking conversation history, You do not need to worry; there are some ways that will help in seeing the conversation history on Snapchat.
So stay with me at the end of this article.
How to See the Snapchat Conversation History?
Although you can view those messages that you saved or take a screenshot of them. The Snapchat algorithm quickly deletes the activities within 24 hours. If you do not save or take a screenshot of them, you cannot check them directly.
So you can only see the Snapchat conversation history with the following discussed methods.
- Look for the Saved Messages
- Ask the Snapchat server to Download Data for you
- Use of third-party Apps
- Cache Memory
Method No 1: Look For The Saved Messages:
If you are a cautious person and saved the messages for your own convenience, then it will be beneficial for you. You can see the conversation history by checking the saved messages.
- Open the Snapchat App
- Go to the Chat page by swiping right.
- You will see the list of people whom you recently Snapped with
- Find out the particular person whom chat you want to check
- Click on the name to see his conversation.
- Scroll to the top, and you can see the saved messages.
Saved messages are highlighted in the gray outline.
If you want to save these messages, click on them and check whether they are highlighted or not. When you saved the message, it will also be saved for your friend (receiver), and he will be notified that ‘you saved the chat’ that occurred between you and him.
You can also take a screenshot of a message but it will disappear from the chat section. And your friend (the receiver) will be notified that you take a screenshot of their conversation.
The Snapchat algorithm deletes the unsaved messages right after you view them, so for any chat that you consider important, be sure to save them before they become deleted. So you can view them whenever you want.
Method No 2: Ask The Snapchat Server To Download Data For You:
This method is a little detailed and complicated, but you will get the list of all deleted and undeleted Snapchat conversation history.
- Open the Snapchat App, and sign in to your account.
- Open your profile by clicking on the Bitmoji present in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on Setting, a gear-shaped icon present in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down at the bottom and tap the My Data option in the Accounts Actions category
- Again sign in to your Snapchat account. Fill in the required information.
- Complete the Bot check and log in to your Snapchat account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the yellow button Submit Request
- A new page will appear with the message We Received Your Request.
- Double-check your email address if the Submit request button does not appear at the bottom of the page.
- On Settings, click on an email and enter the email address. Confirm the email button by clicking on it.
- For identity verification, you may need to enter the Snapchat password again.
- Once your data is ready to send, Snapchat will email you in which a link is present and download it.
- Open your email inbox.
- Click on the email which shows the subject your Snapchat data is ready for download.
- If you do not get the email within 20 minutes to half an hour, then submit another request.
Sometimes Snapchat takes some time to process your data request, so you wait for a while.
- Click on the click here button provided in the email content.
- You will be sent to your Snapchat account for identity verification
- Click on the link and download the zip file. These zip files will show mydata(list of numbers).zip.
The perfect option for performing this method is a PC, but you can also do it on a Mobile.
After downloading the zip file
- Click on the Tap to view button
- On the Storage section, click on the zip files and unzip the folder
- Click on the download option in the address bar
- Open the zip files in the files app
- Again click on the zip file to unzip it.
- Your data will be present in it.
- Now open the folder called mydata(list of numbers) that contains the data.
- This folder will have HTML files of different datasets of your Snapchat account.
- Your purpose is to access the chat history conversation, now click on the chat history HTML. It includes all message content, your friend name, group chat, media type, and their record of timing and date.
Keep this in mind. You can only see the saved text messages but not the saved media.
Method No 3: Use Of Third Party Apps:
Snapchat does not provide the exact tool which you can use and access deleted messages. Snapchat provides you with the only solution ‘Submit a Request’ which is a somewhat time taking process.
Third-party Apps play a role in their place, and you can recover or save any Snapchat conversation on your phone easily. In addition, you can also save it on someone else’s phone.
For this, you must modify your Snapchat application folder. Otherwise, you need to turn on USB debugging on the computer. When you do this, your overall conversation history will be downloaded in a zip folder on the computer.
The recovery process of most data recovery programs is imperfect because every data recovery program has a different approach to restoring data, like conversations, etc.
Many applications run smoothly on Android and are not available for iOS.
Some applications need hardware like USB cables for file transferring along with conversation history to the computer.
There are some popular apps. You can select the third-party app that is suitable for your situation.
But you need to note that these third-party apps are not secured and might put your device at risk.
The third-party application work in stealth mode. No one, even you cannot detect it is operating in the background quietly. It saves a Snapchat conversation history and keeps a record of Facebook call logs and conversation history as well.
How To Use It?
- You need to use the paid subscription to fulfill your requirement.
- Put in the necessary information about the targeted device.
- And sign in to the iCloud account of your targeted device.
- After this, you can easily monitor all activities of different platforms, including Snapchat conversations, Facebook conversations, location, calls, etc.
The third-party app also works quietly and saves all deleted Snapchat conversations, even saves from the story to your device. You can see the Snapchat conversation history as well as other required information.
How To Use It?
- Go to the official website and sign in premium account
- You will get an email, and with this email, you will get the entry into the control panel
- Click on the start monitoring button
- Put in all required information about the target device
- Now you will be asked to enter the iCloud account details and select the targeted iOS device that you need to monitor
- Wait for 10 minutes, and you will see the data of Snapchat on your screen.
You can monitor the conversation history via mSpy. The name suggests this app can record everything that is happening on your target device. It can monitor not only Snapchat conversations but also other social media platform conversations, call logs, photos, and videos.
How To Use It?
- Sign up for a premium subscription
- You will get the email from mspy
- On the email, you will get the link to the mspy software
- Download it and follow the given instructions you get along with a link.
After setting, you can monitor all activities over the targeted device.
AirDroid Parental Control App:
It is also the best app for parental control, where you can monitor your children’s activities. For this, you need to install it on your phone. And pair your phone with your child’s phone. You will be notified and can get all the conversation history. In addition, you can also monitor Facebook Messenger, Line, WhatsApp, etc. You can monitor unlimited social media apps and their conversations.
How To Use It?
- Download the app on your phone
- Log into your account
- Follow the instructions
- Link your phone with your target phone
Now you can monitor the targeted device.
Method no 4: Cache Memory
Your conversation history data is stored in the cache memory of your phone. For this, you can use the cache memory and view the recent conversation history.
Follow the instruction below.
- Link your android device to your Personal computer
- Open the folder of the device
- Click on the Android folder
- Click on the Data folder
- Scroll and find the com. Snapchat. android folder.
- Click on the cache folder
- Choose the message option
- Select the recover option to recover the messages
This process works best on computers as compared to android devices.
- Go to the file manager
- Open the storage section
- Click on the internal storage option
- Click on the Android Folder
- and press the Data option
- Rename the file that has written on .no media extension
- After renaming folders, Search your message
On Android, using the cache memory method, you can only recover the most recent conversation as compared to PC.
How To See The Conversation History Of Snapchat On Pc?
The process of seeing conversation history on PC is quite simple.
- Browse the official account Snapchat
- Log in to your account by entering the required information like username and password.
- Find the My data option and click on the Request button
- You will receive an email in which a link will be provided.
- By clicking a link you will receive the data, and you can directly download it to the hard disk of your computer.
- When you download the zip folder, it will contain the compressed data of your Snapchat account.
Many computer programs access these zip files readily. If your computer does not have such a program for unzipping the compressed files, then you need to download it from the app store.
How To See And Recover The Deleted Snapchat Conversation?
Yes, you can recover the deleted Snapchat conversation and even have access to the Snapchat deleted conversation and Snaps. But you have to do it immediately otherwise, Snapchat will permanently delete these messages and Snaps from its server.
Method No: 1
You need to follow mentioned instructions.
- Open the zip folder that you downloaded on your computer before.
(If you need the details of this step, you can read my above-mentioned steps.)
- After opening the folder, search the index.html by using a file manager.
- Double-Click the link, and go to the History, and you will see the list of conversation history.
- On this page, you will see the deleted messages and snaps, and you can even recover them.
- Use the history viewer and go through the whole conversation History.
Method No: 2
By Using A Third-Party App: Android Data Recovery:
This tool can help you in recovering deleted messages effortlessly.
How to Use it?
- Download the Android Data Recovery( Android Version) on your PC, and install it.
- Link your android phone to your PC
- Open Android Data recovery and activate USB debugging on your device.
- Click on the Data Recovery option.
- Android Data Recovery will scan the device i.e, phone or tablet
- After scanning, you will see the recovered data on the screen
- Click on Messages and click the Next button
- Choose the Recover all files option
- Click on the Deep scan.
The App will recover all deleted Snapchat messages and other social media messages.
- Click on the Recover option
- Save the data on your Computer.
Snapchat is a popular platform whose popularity cannot be denied especially among the younger generation. It keeps improving and bringing new features to sweeten the experience and amazed its users.
I discussed the different methods that can give you an answer to how to see the Snapchat conversation history. You can choose any method that you comprehend well and that suits you.
If your purpose is to monitor your children’s activities, then third parties apps are preferable. Before using any third-party Apps, you need to follow the community guidelines of Snapchat.
Do you find this article helpful? Tell us in the comment section down below.