Has your Instagram account been deleted? And you even do not know the reason for being deleted? And now definitely, you are frustrated and trying to get the answer. Why was my Instagram account deleted, and How to recover the deleted account? But alas, you can’t find an authentic guide.
Indeed, it is a very frustrating situation, as Instagram does not tell you the reason for account deletion. Now do not waste time worrying and take action as soon as possible; because the longer you delay, the probability of getting it back will become low.
Many Instagram users encounter this situation because their Instagram accounts get deleted by mistake. The Instagram account on which they spent endless hours gets deleted as well as losing years of memorable photos and videos. The loss of not only memories plus contact with friends and the community could be no less than a nightmare for them. If it is a business account, then it will be the worst nightmare for the user.
Although the account that has became deleted manually has no chance of getting it back. However, you can retrieve your account in a few days or weeks depending on the situation.
In this article, I will tell you the reasons, one of which might be the cause of your Instagram account deletion, along with providing solutions. So stick with us at the end of this article.
Why Was My Instagram Account Deleted? How To Get It Back?
Most of the time Instagram accounts that violated their community guidelines and terms of service get deleted. Sometimes the account also gets deleted by mistake.
The following are the common reasons that cause account deletion most of the time.
- Inactive Account
- Third-party Apps or Tools
- Terms and Guidelines Violation
- Instagram Account deleted by Hackers
- No Reason
- Your Instagram account was deleted accidentally
1. Inactive Account:
The Instagram account that has not been utilized for two years became inactive. In short, It cannot be recovered back.
Many Instagram users temporarily deactivate their accounts. Whenever they want to reactivate it by logging in. their posts, comments, likes, followers and followings, etc remain intact, and no one can access them.
2. Third-Party Apps Or Tools:
Instagram banned the use of software or tools that grow the number of followers or increase engagement. If Instagram becomes suspicious about your activity related to increasing follower numbers or developing interactions and comments under the posts using banned apps or tools. As a result, your account will become inaccessible.
3. Terms And Guidelines Violation:
As you know, Instagram is the most popular social media platform that pays meticulous attention to its users’ privacy and security. Consequently, accounts become permanently banned when you violate the rules repeatedly. And you know how the banned account becomes nearly impossible to recover.
To avoid this situation, users should not perform any illegal activities like
- Graphic violence
- Hates speech
- Threats against particular communities and someone.
- Mass following, liking, and making posts without breaks.
- Copyright infringement.
- Audiences have reported your content.
Since they have many rules and regulations, sometimes Instagram banned the account accidentally. In this situation, there are two methods to get back the account.
4. Deleted By Hackers:
Most of the time hackers target the public account. They hacked their personal information and moreover used it for shady intentions.
Sometimes they might lock out the user from the account, infiltrate their account and delete the posts, or even permanently delete the Instagram account.
If you get suspicious about your account being hacked, go straight to the email inbox and scan for the message that states that your account details have been changed. This notification informs you that hackers changed your login information, unfortunately, you cannot restore the Instagram app on your phone now.
Because according to the platform, you had deleted this account manually, and they permanently deleted the account. Now you cannot retrieve it back, although you can make a new account with the new username but using the same email address.
5. No Reason:
Submit an appeal form if you are 100% sure that you haven’t broken any Instagram rules and terms. You can use a Personal Computer or Mobile App.
How To Recover The Deleted Account?
If you are certain, you have violated the community guidelines accidentally, then visit the page.
If you have done copyright infringement or intellectual property violations or shared any misleading content, then visit this page. Fill out the required details and then submit it.
If you are sure you did not violate any terms and regulations, then follow the underlying instructions.
Method No 1:
You Need To Follow The Underlying Steps:
- When trying to log in to Instagram, there will be a pop-up message, “your account has been disabled due to violating the terms and rules”.
- Press on the “Learn More” option.
- Fill out your information in the box. Tap the “Please let us know”.
- Whether your account is a business or service-based account. Choose Yes or No.
- Fill out the information in the required boxes like entering the name you used on Instagram and the email address, you used to create your Insta account.
- If your account was a business account, then business documents are required for verification. Instagram will only reactivate your account when you send them at least one valid business document.
- Tap on Send option to submit the form.
Instagram Support Team Response:
When the Instagram support team confirms that your Instagram account deletion was accidental, they will send you an email along with the reactivation code and instructions.
- You need to respond to their message with the JPEG image, in which you are displaying an A4 size paper on which the reactivation code is written.
- The picture should be clear, visible, and high quality. Otherwise, your request could be denied, if you send them a blurry picture.
- The A4 paper you hold should clearly display your code, user name, and full name.
- Send that picture in a JPEG format as a reply to an email.
After a few days, they will send you an email notification in which they inform you that “your account has been restored”, and now you will be able to access the account.
Method No 2:
In this method, you ask for the review and reconsider their decision on account deletion.
- Open the Instagram App
- Enter the information and log in to Instagram.
- You will see the message that informs you that “your account will be deleted”. Afterward, send them a review request within 30 days.
- In case, Instagram does not unban your account, Click on the Download Data option to back up Instagram data as a safe alternative.
- Click on Request Review.
- Fill out the information of the deleted account in the required fields.
Afterward, Instagram will check your account if you have violated any rules and regulations. And confirm the decision to account restoring if there are no rules violations, otherwise remain to keep it banned. They will notify you within a few days, even sometimes several weeks are required.
How To Recover Deleted Account?
Certainly, the best preventive measure against hackers is the use of a strong password. The best method is to use different passwords for different social media accounts even if hackers could not crack them.
Another preventive measure is the use of a two-factor authentication code. In this way, whenever you log in to Instagram through other devices, the platform will send you the verification code to confirm your identity.
The following step should be followed for setting up the two-factor authentication.
- Log in to the Instagram app and go to the setting option
- Click on the security option, then tap the two-factor authentication and tap on get started.
- Now select the text message.
- If you have not added your number before, Enter the phone number on which you received the text message. After completing the task click the ‘next’ button.
Whenever you access the Instagram account through unknown devices, soon, the app will send you a verification code through a text message you can use to access the account.
How To Recover Deleted Account?
On Smart Phone:
- Open the Instagram app, and enter the login information.
- There will be an error message on the screen. Tap on the Learn More option.
- A new page will appear, and fill out the required information. Scroll down the arrow and click on let us know.
- Choose the option of yes or no, whether your account is a business account or not.
- Fill out the information and attach the legal business documents if your account is the business one.
- Click on the send button.
Instagram will send you an email with a reactivation code when it ensures that your account deletion was a mistake. You have to respond to their message with a photo, where you are holding a paper on which the code is written. The picture should be clear, visible, and high quality, otherwise, your request would be rejected, if you send them a blurry portrait.
After a few days even sometimes a few weeks, they will send you an email notification and inform you that your account has been restored. And after that, you will be able to access the account.
If you cannot do this procedure on the Phone app, no worries, you can do it on your PC.
- Open the Instagram Help Centre Webpage
- Fill out the personal and account required information.
- Tell them the reasons clearly why you’re appealing the decision. Add details so there will be more chance of getting back the account.
- Submit the request by tapping the send option.
Usually, it takes 20 days to receive an email from Instagram for getting account access, and even sometimes you can get access to the account without any email notification.
6. The Instagram Account Was Deleted Accidentally:
Occasionally, users create a blunder and even do not know about it. Or they delete the account, and later on, they regret their decision and hope to restore their deleted account. In this scenario, log in as soon as possible before exceeding the 30 days duration. Otherwise, it would be impossible to restore the account.
How To Recover Deleted Account?
- Open the Instagram App.
- Enter the Username and password, afterward, click on login.
- To prevent account deletion, click on the ‘Keep Account’ option.
If you get the message, ‘Sorry, we cannot log you in’ on the screen, then follow the earlier-mentioned procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How To Recover The Business Account?
- Go to Instagram Support Centre
- Find the option Business Account Deactivated
- Choose a government-issued photos ID like a passport, CNIC, etc
- Fill out the required information and press the send button.
- Provide the legal document for proof of business ownership
- Write an email in the document.
2. How To Recover A Personal Account?
- Go to the Instagram Help center.
- Look for the Deactivated Account option.
- Choose if you have a government-issued photo ID.
- Fill out the required information.
- Provide the right documents along with an email.
- Press the Send button.
3. How To Determine If My Account Has Become Deleted?
When you try to log in to your account, you will not be able to log in. Afterward, you will receive a notification that your account has been disabled for violating its terms.
4. How To Determine If My Account Has Become Hacked?
- Go to Email Inbox
- Look for the email from Instagram that has stated that the email tied to your account has been changed.
5. How To Get Back The Hacked Account?
- If you cannot find the email stating that your email tied to Instagram has been changed.
- Then request for sending the login link to the phone number instead of hacked email
- On the login screen, tap on getting help signing in or Forgot password
- Enter the phone number for receiving the temporary login link
- Follow the onward instructions to regain access
- If you gain access to your account
- Change your password to a strong one immediately
- Cancel the third-party app access.
6. How To Report The Hacked Account?
- On the login screen, click on Get Help Signing In or Forgot Password for Android and iOS respectively.
- Enter the required information and click on Next.
- Click on Need more help?
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Also, send a clear photo of yourself plus a security code for identity verification.
As already mentioned, Instagram is a popular platform with strict terms and policies to protect its user’s information from misuse. But sometimes for no obvious reason, there is an error and the Instagram account becomes depleted.
In this situation, follow the mentioned steps in this article, and you will be able to retrieve your account back.
There might be a login issue if you do not see a disabled message on the screen. If you or someone who know your password deleted the account, then there is no chance of retrieving it. You can now only create a new account with a new user name and old email address that you used before.
I hope, the information I put in will help you get back the account. If our guidelines helped you, then tell us in the comment section.